Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fitness Adventures! *New Series* Running in Guam

Well, we have made it to our new duty station: Guam!  It is blazing hot and humid here.  But I have decided to start a new series here on this blog!  Its going to be called Fitness Adventures.  It is basically going to involve all sorts of creative ways we find to work out, physically demanding touristy things, and tasty new adventuring recipes.  And whatever else I end up doing that falls into this category.  We will have to see! 
Today I had my first Fitness Adventure.  It was running.  You may think, "Becky, you run all the time. That is not an adventure."  Oh but it is.  First, because I have never sweated so much in my life.  It was SO HUMID at 8 in the morning.  I only ran for half an hour and I was drenched.  But the real adventure came when I was DIVE BOMBED by birds!  I heard that there were some very terretorial birds, but still, nothing can really prepare you for screaching, dive bombing birds.  Long story short:  It looks like running is going to be an adventure!

1 comment: