Sunday, September 23, 2012

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

 
 
I had to post about last night's baking project, which had to get done so I have a quick and healthy breakfast option for this morning.  I need one because I will be going to work for my first day as a personal trainer!  Thats right folks, I am officially hired by the Navy base gym here in Guam!  Yay!! Anyways... I have been making these breakfast cookies for months now, and they are AMAZING!!  They have no flour or sugar in them at all, but still taste like, well, a cookie!  They are very healthy as well as quick and easy  for breakfast in the morning.  The recipe can be found at this wonderful blog:
 
 
A few notes on the recipe:  I always use the protein powder, specifically Muscle Milk's Vanilla Creme whey powder.  Ladies, do not fear. It will not cause you to bulk up.  It's very important to get some protein in your breakfast, and this helps me do that.  I also add in things like a handful of mini chocolate chips and/ or raisens.  It tastes like an oatmeal cookie!  This last time I also added some cinnamon.  I am hoping it turns out well.  Also, make sure to let it rest for 10 minutes like it says in the recipe.  I was in a hurry this time and didn't, and they spread more than normal and cooked a little strangely.
 
Finally, I THINK (think being the operative word here.) these are gluten free. I have heard that Irish Oats can be found without gluten.  I am not sure about the protein powder, but that is an optional ingredient.  Since I do eat gluten, I am not sure about this and would love any tips from those that cannot eat gluten concerning this.  Agin though, if you are allergic to gluten, do not take my word for it that these are gluten free. I just think they are.
 
Enjoy!

2 comments: