Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Next Challenge...

With one week of training under my belt, I can officially say that I am training for the XTERRA race here in March.  XTERRA is an extreme triathalon with a 1500m open water swim, 22 mile bike through the mountains (on trails, not so much the road) and a 5 mile jungle run.  I got my very own bike and have upped my training in every aspect.  I can't remember the last time I was so sore and exhausted, but I am LOVING having something to train for again.  Why did I choose this race?  Because it terrifies me.  I have never challenged my body to this extreme before.  And I love beating my own fears.
Exhausted and covered in dirt after a mountain training excursion!
 
So what scares you physically?  And how are you going to challenge and beat it?  And what are you training for next? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment