Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Lesson for Us All...

 
This one is especially for the ladies... oh my darlings!!  I have heard so so so so many people overly concerning themselves with their scale lately!  Please look at it and really take a moment to think about it.  I want to encourage you all to focus on being HEALTHY and FIT!  If you are these two things, your weight will be what it is. 
This picture really does speak a thousand words...and is a good lesson for everyone about the number on the scale.  Most people associate a lower weight with a healthier body and a higher weight with being fat.  This girl is an excellent example.  Ahe looks stronger and skinnier after she gained 14 pounds!  Now in the process of doing that, she lost several pounds of body fat and replaced them (and added some more) with lean muscle.  Althouh its hard for many people (including myself) to accept, the scale lies!  If you want to really measure your health, you need to get your body fat tested, take before and after pictures, and chart your measurements (upper arms, chest, waist, hips, thighs). 
 
happyandsweaty:

eatclean-getfit:

IS THE NUMBER ON THE SCALES GETTING YOU DOWN?
Girls, girls, girls. I know we all have our own stories and we’re all here for different reasons. But I see A LOT of girls desperately trying to see lower numbers on their scales. It looks to me like the main reason they’re doing it (working out/eating healthy) is to see a low number on scales. The only thing thing keeping them going is the hope that one morning they’ll stand on the scale and their “ultimate goal weight” will be staring them in the face.
I believe, and yes this is my personal opinion, that what should be staring you in the face, is yourself in the mirror. Why not forget about the numbers for a while? Check your progress in the mirror, how your clothes fit, compare old photos with new photos, happiness, how well you sleep at night, how much energy you have, how strong you are mentally and physically, there are probably a million other reasons but these are the ones just came to mind now.
Different weights look different on every single body. Just because your favourite celeb has a bangin’ bod at a weight, doesn’t mean it’s going to look fantastic on you too.
I hope my progress will inspire some of you and make you realise that you don’t need to see incredibly low numbers. I rarely weigh myself. I only weigh myself when I see a big difference in my body in muscle definition. It turns out the better I look, the more weight I’ve gained.
Don’t let numbers define you. Please. I am genuinely concerned for some people that I see on here. 

ugh these photos make me feel good <3

No comments:

Post a Comment