Thursday, April 26, 2012

10 Minute Work Out For When Exercise is the Last Thing You Want To Do

I did not want to work out today.  Not at all.  It was just one of those days.  I was just talking to someone else recently who had one of those days too.  Does that ever happen to you?  I'm going to assume so, because I have heard it before.  On those days, I do a 10 minute workout.  It can be a quick jog, 10 minutes of calesthetics, a quick bike ride, whatever.  Its just enough to keep your body active.  A 10 minute workout is better than a 0 minute one. 

Here was my calisthetics workout today:
25 regular crunches
15 (on each side) bicycle crunches
25 flutter kicks
10 regular push-ups
5 side push-ups (each side)
1 minute plank hold
45 sec. plank hold (each side)
25 leg raises (each side)
Stretching

And I did the whole thing in our barracks room.  Which is basically a very simple hotel room.  Doing a quick routine like this on days when you are extremely busy or simply need a break can help keep you in a healthy mind set. 

*This is a great quick work out, but to be healthy, you need to do more than just this every day.  This is meant for just every now and then when you really just have an extremely busy day.  I would suggest exercising 30 to 60 minutes a day three times a week on a regular basis to live a healthy lifestyle.

Side note: This weekend is 50K number 2!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment